A load of knowledge, a dose of Disney, and a lot of inspiration greeted participants at the recently completed Cal Spas 2014 Dealer Summit. Held at the Disney Grand Californian Hotel and Spa, Anaheim, Calif, last month, attendees found a program that was all about improving their businesses.
DISCOVER was the theme of this year’s summit, and a renewed feeling of confidence was evident during presentations which covered topics such as: product overview and strategy; sales event planning and marketing integration; visual merchandising; and sales track training.
About 300 dealers, vendors, and prospective dealers toured the Cal Spas factory to see the company’s new Insulation Process, but the star of the summit was the new Velocity Spa.
“We understand that having a terrific product is only half the battle,” says Amy Malone, public relations specialist at Cal Spas, a Division of LMS, Pomona, Calif. “Presenting the product to consumers in a way that makes it appealing and a must-have is done by anticipating the consumers’ questions and answering those questions in your initial sales pitch. That is why we themed the show DISCOVER; it was our way of allowing dealers to DISCOVER the strength of our products, the strength of preparation, and the strength of customer satisfaction.”
In remarks at the Summit, Casey Loyd, president of Cal Spas, emphasized the importance of having confidence in the Cal Spas and Cal Flame brands. “His enthusiasm and optimism got dealers energized about going into the new season objectively and ready to stock their showroom floors with Cal Spas and Cal Flame products,” says Malone.
Cal Spas unveiled the following new products at the show, all designed to jump start the season with positive sales.
• The Velocity Spa™ is fulfilling its promise as the ultimate in personalized hydrotherapy, with its exclusive Variable Velocity System™, which operates over 50 exclusive massage therapy jets.
• The Cal Flame P5 5–Burner Built in Gas Grill is a Cal Flame 40-inch Grill constructed with 304 stainless steel which features five 15,000 BTU cast stainless steel burners each with independent easy start ignition, 75,000 BTU overall, 1,000 square inches of cooking surface, interior lights for night time grilling, and much more.
• The Cal Flame PV7000 makes building the ultimate outdoor kitchen simple and fun. It is an elegantly designed state-of-the-art outdoor kitchen island that provides the prefect space for cooking wonderful meals and entertaining family and friends. Visit Cal Flame for a list of features at www.calflamebbq.com
Malone believes that focused price point strategies, and best-bang-for-your-buck product lines, will capture market share for participating dealers. “Cal Spas has gone above and beyond to ensure we have a complete line of products and price points to offer consumers,” she says.
Dealer programs such as the new Cal Care360 ensures that Cal Spas and its network of dealers attain the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty. Cal Care360 encompasses all customer-related policies and procedures with a sharp focus on the following success factors:
• Speed: Complete customer resolution within 24-48 hours;
• Accuracy: Eliminate mistakes that add to everyone’s cost;
• Fairness: Resolution to issues that is fair to everyone;
• Efficiency: Protect profit by minimizing costs; and
• Excellent service and warranty.
Additional Cal Spas/Cal Flame features include:
• shipping in 5 days or less;
• products that are 100% made in the USA;
• a one-stop manufacturing plant;
• a large variety of spas to fit the taste and budget of consumers, including Rotomold, Acrylic, Swim, and below ground spas. Whether you prefer something simple for a more confined space, or an elaborate double lounger with all the latest innovations; they have it all;
• the complete backyard experieånce with beautifully designed products such as grills, firepits, outdoor fireplaces, and complete outdoor kitchen islands that can be customized to meet the needs of each individual, or purchased as seen on www.calspas.com.